View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 08:40 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hello Shay and welcome to Neurotalk. Thank you for joining and sharing your experience here. I truly appreciate it.

I do have a tendency to get a little nervous when going in for any type of procedure, which does not help at all for the pain. My PM does seem to be fairly knowledgeable and somewhat up to date about CRPS with the exception that he did not believe in it spreading before I started to show signs of spread. He does reference Dr. Schwartzman's work quite often, but since my PM only does a 5 day infusion, he apparently does not use the same protocol. He mentioned that he will be starting at a low dose and working up to around 70 mg/kg, given over a 4 hour period and adjusted based on how I tolerate the infusion. To be honest, I do not know if that is a total dose, or an hourly rate. I guess that is another good question that I could ask this week before going in.

I do have a wheelchair, but there are several at there office for wheeling patients in and out. I have only had to use one of theirs the day I had the trial SCS implanted. I am figuring that I will likely need to use one again come next week, but I am fine using one of theirs again.

I was already figuring that I would be taking things easy for a few days after the infusion. I was invited to my cousins wedding on the Saturday following the infusion. Not knowing how I would be feeling, I responded that I am hoping to make it, but it is very unlikely that I will.

Again, welcome to Neurotalk, and Thank you! This is a fairly active board. I hope to see you share some more of your experiences on other posts.

Alaina
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (09-06-2016), zinnia (09-18-2016)