View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 09:31 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

First, do not let people show you things like the airbag animation. These animations can make symptoms much worse by adding to anxiety. They exaggerate the movements. There would be little coupe contra-coupe action against an airbag compared to hitting a solid object. Attorneys use those animations to try to get larger settlements but they are not as scientific as often presented.

But, if you exhibit excessive anxiety symptoms, defense attorneys try to use that anxiety to minimize your brain injury symptoms.

Steering wheels often take out teeth and shatter jaws or smash faces. I would not trade an airbag injury for a steering wheel injury. Can you get dental implants ? Dental implants make take time but they work very well. I suffered tooth death from my concussion when I was 10 but the dentist was able to save enough tooth to do a crown after doing a root canal.

Did you mean to say April for the neuro appt ? That does not make sense unless you are in Canada. I would think you have a solid claim against the other driver. You should have access to a doctor sooner based on your claim. If you have no-fault insurance, you should still have access to a neuro sooner with your own insurance as the payer.

I suggest you try to get a referral to a Neuro Psychologist for an Assessment that checks your memory functions. I think a NeuroPsych will be more help. You can find them at Neuro Rehab Hospitals and Clinics who understand and work with brain injuries.

The time from 55 to 0 is hard to determine off hand. The crushing of both cars and the distance you pushed the other car can be measured and calculated to determine the duration of the impact. Your car has a digital record of G forces and other data during the last 10 seconds to the moment of impact stored in the cars computer. There are companies that have the software to download the data and give you the timeline. Every car since 1996 has this system.

Regarding my daughter. She also got a serious concussion and major whiplash. She made a left turn in front of a car that had just entered the road just a short distance down the road so their headlights were were not aiming toward the intersection. She does not think they were even on until just before they were to the intersection. But the car making a left turn is always in the wrong. The other car was doing about 45. She was doing about 15. It hit her in the front corner and totaled her Toyota pickup including bending the main frame so the cab and bed were smashed together.

What were your other injuries ?

Try to hold strong while you wait to be assessed by somebody who can help you understand your struggles. Please try to avoid anything that can add to your anxiety.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote