View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 10:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Went to dentist for relatively simple procedure.
I had NO pain at all.
After several visits that were rather peculiar, I developed horrible pain.
Hard to describe, but it's like a horrible pressure, boring, pain in my right ear (near where the dental work was done). Sometimes hot pain. For me, rarely sharp. "Just" heavy, boring, severe, painful, unrelenting pressure. Sometimes I describe it as a giant, hot potato being shoved into my ear and getting stuck in there festering. Sometimes the pain is so severe it causes nausea.
I'm on a specially made cream with three meds in it that I rub on my face and right now, am taking one medication by mouth. Technically, this would be four medications I take regularly for this and have been doing this for approximately four years.
I have two additional meds for emergencies only (extreme pain).

PS To whomever stumbles across this post, PLEASE make sure you always see a highly qualified, experienced, recommended dentist. And, if you have any unanswered questions, seriously consider getting a second opinion. AND if you experience what looks like nerve damage, you very likely will need to see a NEUROLOGIST. And if you strongly suspect malpractice, seriously consider a consultation with an attorney as well. Trust your instincts! Be well.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote