Thread: PCS and nausea
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 11:00 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Adenium,

First, you need to try to ignore your history of head bumps and injuries. They have no direct impact on your recovery. They can only increase your anxiety. Your symptoms are all that matters. Causation does not dictate treatment or recovery.

My first concern for you is your sleep. You need a week of good sleep before you should start looking at other reasons for your symptoms. Finding a way to distract yourself before going to sleep is important. You should not be getting in bed and tossing and thinking while you try to go to sleep. Better to get everything ready. Turn the lights down and occupy your mind with a distraction so that when you feel sleepy, you can get in bed without starting any of your anxious thoughts. Then, get up when you wake up so you can repeat this the next night. For many with PCS, sleeping is a practiced discipline.

Are you rafting this summer ? My daughter is a rafting professional in the summer and ski school and race team pro in the winter. Her occupation has taken a toll on her body.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Adenium (09-06-2016)