View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 02:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It's so nice to have the weekly check-in back. Feels like family again...

It was also nice to see the new message from John on BT1.

Since I've "seen" you all last, my wife and I had our first real vacation in 5 years and it couldn't have come at a better time. We spent a week in Oahu at the Marriot Beach Club at Ko Olina. (Highly recommended!) It was nothing short of spectacular. Private lagoons, perfect weather, and everyone was so kind and nice. (Which was a shock coming from ego-centered LA!) I just so needed a break and literally spent every day either lounging in our little cabana on the beach or floating in the lagoon. The water took all my dystonia pain away. Abosultely remarkable! It was hard coming home, but what a great time!

Our weather had consistently been in the 100's. At least we don't get the humidity like back east. I'm thankful for that.

As part of my personal coping with my diagnosis, I've been out speaking about living with PD and it's going very well. It's very therapeutic for me to be able to share my personal story with a room full of strangers. (Plus, it's cheaper than therapy!) It's gone so well that we've moved into a full-fledged business, with forming a S-corporpation, to building a website, to getting a logo designed, etc. Plus, the documentary is in full swing. Everything has certainly taken on a life of it's own.

I'm also in the process of starting a young-onset group in my area because there is nothing. It looks like we're going to have some luck with that as well, so that's exciting. I've been feeling a bit isolated with the loss of BT (my favorite forum and people) and not having a group anywhere close to me, so hopefully this new group will pan out into something positive.

I hope everyone is doing well

Todd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote