Thread: PCS and nausea
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 10:29 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I understand. My daughter lives out of her FourRunner during much of the rafting season. Her Toyo 4x4 pickup with a bunk in back was totaled last year. She has experience on rivers north of Yosemite, Utah and she is now in Idaho getting rated on the Salmon River by NOLS, then rated as a climbing instructor in Montana. All of her NOLS ratings help her get much better pay. She has her PSIA with a specialty with youth and runs the ski school, racing program, and the cat skiing program at Homewood on Tahoe's west shore during the winter. At 32, she realizes she needs to make it into management or be broke. She has never signed a lease anywhere for more than a ski season. She has friends who are always willing to rent her a room.

For her, the poverty is worth the benefits of working in the outdoors. She has plenty of brains but also has braun. She graduated high school in California 3 years early and had done college for outdoor skills, Wilderness First Responder, avalanche, and more.

As you try to reduce your worry, write those things down at the end of the day before settling down for a thought distracting activity. When we write things down, we are better able to let go at night because we know we will be able to read our notes the next day. The point is to get off any thoughts that will pester you as you try to fall asleep.

Hope you get some good nights sleep.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote