View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 03:31 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREDH View Post
By the way, psychosomatic illness, does not mean you are making it up. If you have a psychosomatic illness, you will feel symptoms of problems that are not really there, but they will seem very real to you. It is also a very difficult problem, because you are not aware that your mind is thinking this problem, but the symptoms show up.
I had some problems in my younger days. It is weird.
Also, this can be caused by depression.
Again good luck
FREDH
Hi FredH. Thank you for your replies. I think I had MG ten years ago and went into remission when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and took the medication. My doctor was puzzled at the time because she said my supposedly hypo symptoms were very severe and not consistent with my blood test reading which was just borderline. She gave me the thyroxine medication as she said my anti bodies were extremely high. However, my daughter has been ranting and raving at the neurologist and now I have an an appointment for Monday. I'm going to ask him for a trial of the MG medication. My breathing worries me. I'm on oxygen at night, without it I awake every 2 hours, feeling as if I'm being suffocated or if I doze off in the armchair, without oxygen, when I awake I am very dizzy and trembling. My doctor said it is low oxygen levels. I understand your point about physchomatic. But the only reason I'm depressed is because I feel so ill. Not being able to breathe properly, communicate or be understood, or eat solids is upsetting in itself. I've never suffered from depression or any mental illness. Fortunately, the neuro I'm seeing thinks I have some rare neurological disorder like my camptocormia rather than pyschomatic. I've dismissed the private neuro. He obviously is not skilled in MG, few neuros are.
Caprice is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (09-09-2016), FREDH (09-07-2016)