View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 10:38 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

His husband is at the hospital with him in NH keeping an eye on him day and night and keeping us in GA, well informed about what's going on. As if this evening there was no change, for better or for worse and he has about a 40% chance of pulling through. So it's not hopeless. It's not great odds but better than they could be. He'll be 66 this December 7th, which in my opinion is still way to young. And far too soon after losing his younger brother, my other uncle who was killed by a drunk driver two years ago... Not even a full two years ago.

But as his younger brother always said "what will be will be and that's all that it will be." We have no choice but to pray for the best and prep for the worst. He got to meet his great-great nephew and niece, he knows just how loved he is, and he lived a life that touched so many people working with special needs children, not only the kids themselves but gave many parents hope for their kids having some, even if it was only a tiny bit, normalcy when their physical and mental disease sought to strip it all away from them.

So he is in my prayers at least every hour, he's lived the kind of life that doesn't deserve to be snuffed out this soon, and I can only hope he has retained enough of our family's Irish tenacity to pull through.
bddouglas (09-09-2016), NurseNancy (09-08-2016), PamelaJune (09-09-2016), St George 2013 (09-07-2016), tkrik (09-09-2016)