View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 05:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel22 View Post
Today I found out I was approved for disability payments and also over two years of back pay. I'm very relieved.

My questions I'm wondering if someone here knows the answers to are:

1. How long does disability pay? At some point like at age 65, do you then switch to regular social security benefits?

2. I'm covered under my husbands medical plan, so does it make spence to waive Medicare? He is in his mid fifties and plans to work until at least 65.

I worked for 35 years continuously. I was turned down on the written form, but approved at the first hearing. I still miss working, but I'm so glad to be able to have a small income of my own to help with medical bills and to be able to do things like acupuncture which is expensive but gives me a lot of pain relief.
yes it switches over at age 65 .......
if your husband medical pays better than medicare yes you can keep it. but go ahead and sign up for medicare part A which covers hospital....then when he reaches retirement at 65 you both can sign up for medicare B Medical and then pick your supplement ..
Dmom3005 (09-14-2016), St George 2013 (09-08-2016)