View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 08:13 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

From what I understand, Medicare Set Asides are at the Medicare rates, not the hospital billings. They keep costs down substantially. Serious injury claims often ask for 10 times medical bills and property losses and hope to settle for 5 times medical bills and property losses.

My Mother-in-Law and her husband are in the same boat with Medicare due to an illegal left turn in front of their car No airbags went off. Just back, hip and chest injuries that have taken months to heal but will never heal completely.

Are you on Medicare due to retirement or disability ? I'm on disability due to concussions.

I think you need to get help getting off the AIR BAG issue. If it had not been for the air bag, I cringe to think of your injuries. Air bags reduce injuries. They do not prevent all injuries. Your air bag angst is making things worse. Your non-face and head injuries were not from the airbag.

My wife told me she has a friend who ate the steering wheel before air bags and all of her front teeth were knocked out and she had to wait for all of the healing for the implant studs to grow in before she could even get her crowns. She did not have a choice because of all the damage done. You could very likely just have dead teeth that can be crowned if needed.

Will you car insurance pay your dental bills then get reimbursed from your legal claim against the other party ? That is how my mother-in-law is doing it.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote