View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 08:53 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Celiac disease can definitely be a cause of PN, including full-body SFN. It's a possibility in my case, though I can't be tested because I cut it out before I knew. If I were in your position, that is, if you're still eating gluten and it's a possibility for you, I would definitely have a intestinal biopsy, which is how you really diagnose the condition. If I'm not mistaken, you don't even need full blown celiac to have many of the problems, including neuropathy. And is gluten is an issue, then it's quite possible that there will be a cross-reactivity problem when it comes to a number of things, such as dairy, rice, etc. There are blood tests for the latter too. I wish I had had a biopsy done before I stopped eating gluten. If I want to know now, I have to eat gluten for at least 6-8 weeks, and gluten makes my symptoms far worse.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskari85 View Post
Hi PN friends,

Have had some new blood tests roll in... I have already been diagnosed with RA over the summer. My ANA switched to positive a few weeks ago, homogenous pattern. Rheumy thought maybe Lupus, but had a few more lupus blood tests done and all negative. So now my rheumy is telling me the positive ANA is from the RA, meanwhile my neuropathy worsens and is now literally everywhere... scalp, face, arms, legs, feet, hands, etc.

My primary decided to throw in the anti-gliadin IgA and IgG. The IgG was negative, while the anti-gliadin IgA was positive. I have no real idea what this means? My other celiac test was negative (the tTG-IgA Test) So... I don't have celiac, but maybe a gluten sensitivity?

Can gluten cause neuropathy?? I'm not sure what this means.

Any ideas? thank you!
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
glenntaj (09-09-2016), kiwi33 (09-08-2016)