View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 12:53 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Okrad,

January wasn't that long ago as far as some healings need to be complete.

The left side of my head was smashed like a broken egg by an anchor (really dumb accident) 2.5 years ago.

There are things different about me now but mostly I am living a good life again.

By 6 months after my accident I thought that my life was destroyed forever and never to have a good day ever again or even be able to smile.

There are still challenges but I can honestly say I like some of the changes that had to take place in me in order to carry on.

Don't believe that just because you aren't who you were that you won't like who you become...we change throughout life anyways, accident or no accident.

Learn to balance patience and persistence. Accept being quiet and still when necessary and enjoy activity as it returns. Don't be afraid or embarrassed to ask people for a break with your obstacles, such as not remembering a name as quick as in the past. I had to learn to ask my sons to help me make decisions at work I had made routinely before by myself...I finally came to the conclusion of "so what, it's better to do something correct than let pride stand in the way of a correct result."

I don't know if any of this helps but I have been where you are and have climbed back up the ladder so it does happen, I wanted you to know that.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote