View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 04:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm so fascinated by your report. I'm also at 1800 mg/day of gabapentin (of a time-release sort, gralise) and it helps with managing pain. But barely helps, and pregabilin didn't help very well. I'm also fascinated because I'm in the Portland area also.

If it were me (and it kind of is, since I could call up OHSU and I would *like* to help with studies), I wouldn't be inclined to try it. When I was switching from gabapentin to pregabilin and back, I tried reducing my gabapentin dose and once I got to 1200 mg/day, I couldn't stand it. I'd have to go on disability in order to give it up. I'm just glad I've got a desk job and work at home.

If I were on disability and could stand being without the meagre relief that gabapentin gives me, I'd consider a study like this and giving up my only island of relief in order to give feedback on these drugs.

If you don't have responsibilities and could handle dealing with higher pain levels while you try out different therapies in the name of science, I'd salute you. Call me up, I'll ice your feet, bring you ice cream or a good meal while you further science on our behalf.
May all beings live in peace, free from greed and hatred.
nilram is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EdmundUK (10-05-2016), Joe Duffer (02-18-2017)