Thread: PM visit
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 11:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioBased View Post
Yesterday I saw my PM and just minutes before he came through the door my RSD foot/ankle got on board the Budapest Criteria Train.

I was prescribed Tramadol for emergency pain and given more Aqua PT, but I am not sure how this PT request will go over with WC, since they denied me more PT sessions.

I did read they can be penalized for denying medical care if the ailment gets worse due to the denial. This is exactly what happened to me. But is PT considered medical care?

How best can I document my ongoing gastritis and headaches? I know these are CRPS related.

I have decided to demand lifetime medical and a doctor's letter stating, because I have CRPS ( mine is obviously not in remission as I hoped) I will need lifetime PT if I am to retain my mobility. The big problem I see by keeping my file open is if there is a change such as moving to another state could this be problematic.
My ortho gave me exercises to do and told me to ditch the PT, as he was doing more harm than good (8 months of PT and I came out atrophied, this was before my RSD was diagnosed & treated). So the ortho told me what exercises to do. The key was to exercise throughout the day, every few hours about 5 minutes. And that was enough! No 30 min. of wearing yourself out. Regular exercises throughout the day for about 5 min. and that literally saved me! Took more than a year though after extensive RSD treatment as well!

Don't get me wrong, I am still stuck with the RSD, but at least I gained some if not most of my muscles back (not their strength, but the "look" at least).
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (09-09-2016), Littlepaw (09-10-2016), PurpleFoot721 (09-09-2016), Shay08 (09-10-2016), St George 2013 (09-09-2016)