View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 04:41 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Caprice, The neurologist who diagnosed me said, "You only think your legs are weaker because you don't walk on your arms!"

There are diseases that go from the bottom up. Guillain-Barre is one of them. MG is known as a "head and down" disease, because it usually (though not always) starts in the face/neck area.

I agree that you need a new neurologist. I rather doubt that your symptoms are all in your head! What you describe sounds like a combination of fatigable and fixed weakness. I think it's important that a doctor be thorough.

Do you have copies of the MG test results? The EMG? If not, I hope someone will send them to you. Doctors don't always tell patients the whole truth. Sad, yet true.

What I'm concerned about is that you are in really bad shape and probably need to be in a hospital. If you can't move well, breathe well, or swallow, you need to go to the hospital.

They can do tests there. They can check your breathing by checking O2 saturation, doing an arterial blood gases test, and breathing tests. They can do a clinical exam to test for weakness. They can check for double vision. There's so much they can do.

How are you feeling now?

I find it so sad that you are in such bad shape and aren't receiving adequate care. Please find someone to help you, even in an ER.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FREDH (09-10-2016), juliejayne (09-13-2016)