View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 07:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimtime View Post
So today at physical therapy, my son's therapist said it would probably take about 2 years to regain full muscle strength. That was kind of a shocker for both of us. I'm so grateful he will eventually get there, I was just so surprised at the time frame she expected. I'm hoping she's overestimating!

But it made me wonder, for those who have been able to regain some degree of function, what have you found to be the best ways to relieve muscle pain and help the process along? He's taking things gently and slowly because his foot is still very sensitive to weight bearing, using crutches to assist walking a little bit, etc.

Thanks!
Yes, it took about that time for me as well. Paced, light exercise, but all throughout the day instead of 30 min. of full-blown I-don't-know-what!

I didn't regain strength, or function, but my upper thigh muscles at least they both look like "legs". It's odd how that goes in RSD that has traveled all the phases (in my case). No, I didn't regain function, unfortunately.

You have to keep going to your doctors and to your pain clinic, and they of course also have to be willing to listen to the patient. In my case, I had more pain w/ the exercise than without. Lots of anti-inflammatories, I can tell you that much.

At that time I wasn't even diagnosed yet and didn't have much else in the sense of pain relief. So all those saying you have to remain within the pain limit. I suffered!
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (09-10-2016), Littlepaw (09-10-2016), PurpleFoot721 (09-10-2016), Shay08 (09-10-2016), swimtime (09-10-2016)