View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 12:25 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Feel like living a dream

I feel I live in a constant state of unreality. All this started many years ago, when I was just 8 y/o. I'm currently 34.
I went to some girl's birthday, where the parents improvised a disco with strobe lights and loud music. Suddenly I felt dizzy and being in a dreamlike state.
I remember telling my parents this, but as a kid it was very hard to explain.
Months went by and I pondered myself many difficult things for a kid: Am I crazy? Is this a dream? Was it true that I felt different before?
Time went by and no changes whatsoever. I still feel the same today.
It doesn't intensify with anything, it never goes away. It's like a constant thing in the background, no matter how intense the emotions I may feel.
It became a part of my life, but I know it's not right. The small part in me that still remembers, longs for feeling more, to actually feel I'm living.

I have no headaches, no seizures, I'm in very good health otherwise. I have a general positive attitude in life, and never felt depressed for no apparent reason.
I started to look this up, and found derealization and depersonalization as probable candidates.

I would like to know what can it actually be, also if anyone is/knows of a similar case, what kind of therapies are out there, etc.

Anything would be really appreciated!
Unreal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (09-15-2016), Lara (09-10-2016), Skeezyks (09-15-2016)