View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 04:56 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoel View Post
It's a feeling I hope I never have to experience in my lifetime again, it was like someone was pinching my nose and had his hand over my mouth and you gasp for air...some other times I felt like I ran a marathon and just couldn't catch my breath, at work just sitting at my desk I'd get those deep breath gaspings like when you have a deep cry...I couldn't drink without CHOCKING! and then gasping for air.

Then soon after I started having severe swallowing difficulty it would take me 1/2 hour to eat a hamburger and kept worsening afterwards, It got to a point that I couldn't drink nor eat solids, jello and yogurt and thickened liquids became my diet for about a month and I soon started losing weight and just kept getting weaker

This didn't happen overnight, that's when I started seeing my GP and thought I had Cardio problems, I also had heart palpitations and upset stomach a lot.

Please don't wait till it gets to this point, now that I know what a CRISIS is ACT IMMEDIATELY and consult with your neuro.

Don't be scared, I was but now feel better I ever had, breathing, eating, swallowing all have improved from before hand it just creeps up on you so slowly you don't notice it until it's to late, my vision has improved too my Optometrist asked me what I had done, she was amazed on how it had improved after being under medication.

Good Luck and don't be afraid about getting help, just don't let go we're all with you! Once you're under medication it'll be for you to adjust to your new lifestyle and capabilities I have and don't regret it, I feel much better, I'm back to work 5 days a week 30 ish hours, back to walking and biking and a bunch of other things. I'm still improving as time goes by...
Thanks a lot for this Snoel, and Annie. It is great to find a forum like this filled with wonderful people. For my breathing problem, i feel like my chest really tense, want to throw up. Eveytime i put my hand on the chest, i feel better. Even when i sleep laying down flat, it feels a lot better with my hand pushing my chest.
ttmmkk001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote