View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 02:10 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
To each their own, but the antibody testing is not a confirmation or proper diagnosis, but a first step. If gluten is taken out of the diet, then the diagnosis cannot be made and the cause will never be known. That's the very unfortunate situation I'm in, and I wish I had done it differently, but I didn't know this.

"Keep in mind that positive antibody results combined with positive genetic results only suggest the presence of celiac disease—the test results cannot confirm it. If these screening tests come back positive, the next step in diagnosing celiac disease is to get an endoscopic biopsy of the small intestine." (Screening - Celiac Disease Foundation)

If gluten is taken out, the endoscopy will unfortunately be useless for diagnosis purposes.

Correct, but when a person has something as severe as full body nerve damage, in my opinion removing the only food that is factually known to be neurotoxic in in certain cases is a pretty easy option. Also, I contacted the gastroenterologist at John Hopkins with my situation and he advised that anyone with an autoimmune process should be gluten free regardless of blood test results for antibodies or endoscopy . I personally was not in he condition to handle an endoscopy at the time of my most severe illness so I went gluten free. I did it for 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote