View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 12:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default How sensitive are our brains to caffeine and alcohol?

I understand every brain and every brain injury are different. But I've been eating really healthy lately and I've noticed that I'm a lot more sensitive to caffeine. I'm down from drinking like 3-5 cups of tea a day to one. And I feel like that one cup isn't even "necessary." I'll try a few days without tea and see how I feel.

I have been declining the past few weeks, and I'm not sure what from. I'm not sure if it was from exercise, over-activity or what. I actually have been moderating my life very well. I don't think the decline is withdrawal from the caffeine I should add. I am getting headaches more frequently, but they're brought on by the normal things like reading, writing, and studying.

I started taking liquid melatonin which has alcohol in it about two weeks ago. I also have been using vanilla extract and stevia in my cooking, which also have alcohol in them.

I've heard stories of things like a few drops a day of CBD oil drastically reducing seizures of a baby with epilepsy and other almost "miraculous" stories of people healing cancers with a good diet and essential oils. I've also heard that alcohol can make some with brain injuries feel completely smashed after only a little bit and cause some serious setbacks. My point is that chemicals can be extremely powerful. I know this firsthand. I take a small 15mg anti-psychotic that levels me out, and in my natural state (now), I'm very psychotic and delusional.

I will be avoiding the alcohols in the melatonin, stevia, and vanilla for a while, and will stop the caffeine as well.
JBuckl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote