View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 08:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

This is an interesting explanation to head sensitivity.

Looking back, including recently, when my overall brain health and functionality are better, my head is less sensitive to bumps, impacts, jarring, etc. And vis versa. During my first semester of college, I chronically overstimulated myself. By the end of the semester, I was walking extremely slow, wearing a neck brace in the car to reduce head jarring, and just moving extremely slow in general. It was during the worst overstimulation days/periods of time, that my head sensitivity was the worst.

My head sensitivity was not noticeable my last quarter of senior year of high school. I wasn't running, or shaking my head "yes" or "no," but I didn't experience the sensation in my head to movements like I have had since I came down off a curb biking and jarred my head and when I first noticed it. This sensation in my head feels like head pressure in my cranial cavities in the front of the head.

I also didn't shower for the longest time because the impact of the water on my head caused me to feel very dizzy and dazed. It still does, but to a much lesser extent.

This evening I went for a longer walk than usual, and it was a bit too long for my head. I get this depersonalization, derealization, dazed, kindof feeling. This happens if I go past my threshold.

I have found somethings to be helpful. A good anti-inflammatory diet, fish oil, curcumin, and flavonoids.

But overall brain health and functionality seem to be the biggest factor in how sensitive my head is. I've noticed this on the facebook forums with others as well. There are few that get this head sensitivity in the first place, and then there are some that have it go away--these are usually the ones who make good recoveries. There are others who have very sensitive heads and they seem to not have had as good of recoveries. And there are those in between.
JBuckl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote