View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 09:50 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default RSD/Facial Pain

Thanks Jean!

I liken it to one in the same with RSD. I have Autoimmune Severe Small Nerve Fiber Neuropathy that was diagnosed the same time as the RSD. Something is moving into my muscles as well. There are other large motor nerve issues occasionally. I feel like this could be one idiopathic giant thing rather than a single person "lucky" enough to have 20 different disorders. Despite the labels I am fairly high functioning and I don't complain much but I am always seeking answers to this because the treatment can't be right if you don't know the enemy.

Yes, I believe it is RSD and neuropathy and TN, but I believe they could just be symptoms and not their own disorders. Does that make sense? It's hard to tell where one ends and another begins. I know with certainty that I have RSD flaring when my limbs turn colors but without that symptom, the pain can be neuropathies or who knows what. It's been 10 days since I have had face pain!! I don't know what brings it on or what takes it away, but likely something flaring up. I don't know why the Trigeminal Nerve wants to flare right now but damage from anything I already have could be the culprit. The pain Doctors shrugged their shoulders and said it can be all of the things or none of them so who knows. I guess we go with our gut instincts. I'm wondering if a dose of Prednisone I'm on took it away, which would be more in line with autoimmune - then I would blame the neuropathy. I should go to med school so I can learn the difference.