15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Yes, there is a major interaction between Paxil and tramadol:

Drug Interaction Report - Drugs.com

partial quote:
Quote:
Talk to your doctor before using traMADol together with PARoxetine. Combining these medications can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
see link above for full information.

Tramadol has some actions involving serotonin, and so does Paxil.

I would think your pharmacy would tell you this. They should call your doctor also....most insurances would flag this combination, but pharmacies do override most of these drugs and don't do anything.

I find tramadol does cause some nausea for me. I don't take any RX pain meds. When I have my seldom tramadol, I can also get a mild dizziness from it. It does not make me sleepy however. So I often only take 1/2 of a 50mg tablet and that works for me for bad nights/flares. I only use Tylenol or Aleve liquigels for pain. Sometimes AlkaSeltzer if my arthritis is acting up and that only for a maximum of 7 days or less.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (09-18-2016), St George 2013 (09-13-2016)