View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 09:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJamJones View Post
wow, thats great to hear youve made such an improvements, even if its not complete yet being able to go from barely working 40 hours to almost double is excellent! Youve come a long way Please do take care not to over work yourself though, its easy to do!
Yes, I'm putting my foot down this week to all these ridiculous hours I'm working. We have a new director and she really is something.....and it's not something good. She doesn't seem inclined to hire enough people to get the work done so I'm going to try to keep it under 45 hours from here on out. If I only had a money tree that grew in the back of my yard....

Quote:

yeah, this is what i am reading from all the material, that i need to get a proper LLMD. Im going to see how it goes with this round of doxy and go from there.

Unfortunately my symptoms have continued to be worsen to some extent, today that my whole left leg was feeling very strange, kind of a mixture between cold and tingly! quite weird. I have noticed something interesting though, in that my fingertips, specifically on the areas where i have allodynia on them have dried out, so something definitely seems to be happening on the right areas at least!
You can email Ilads.org and they should be able to send you a list of doctors in your state. That is how I found mine.

Hang in there with the doxy....as long as it isn't giving you crazy symptomatic neuropathy flairs. Don't be afraid to back off the antibiotic for a day or two, if it's causing you more pain. You could ask your doctor to switch the doxy out for something else; however, he might not do that since he is a conventional doctor. Treat yourself well, get some good nutrition in and get some ZZZzzzs. Do you have Raynaud's going on with your fingertips? I did when my symptoms first came on.

Quote:
Also, you mentioned hypercausis and thats something i didnt know could be a symptom, that was actually one of the first symptoms i had several years ago, but i would never have considered linking these things together. very interesting!
Wow, you too? I feel like we are in some small, special club...that we never wanted to be members of. Even on mainstream hyperacusis websites, they list Lyme as a cause. I've come across a few blogs with people complaining of this symptom and sometimes facial nerve pain (trigeminal/atypical).

Quote:
did you have any sort of time frame between when you started treatment to when you started to feel better?
So within the first 2 weeks of taking doxy (and LDN), my hands felt like they were swelling and burning less. It was subtle, but I type on a computer for a living so it was noticeable. After 3 months, the burning on the back of my head went away and visits me infrequently now. Between 3-6 months, my foot burning lessened to the point where I was wearing shoes again. Prior to this, I had to slip my shoes off during work since by feet burned so badly. Between 6 months and 1 year, improvements slowed. I can sort of, kind of lift weights sometimes. My body doesn't really twitch much anymore. My face burns less now. My hands are 100% resolved...free of pain entirely. I have a long way to go but I'm so grateful for what health that I've gotten back.

Last edited by madisongrrl; 09-13-2016 at 10:22 PM.
madisongrrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JimJamJones (09-14-2016), mrsD (09-13-2016)