View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 09:49 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diandra View Post
A PICC line and IV Rocephin were the only abx that knocked out my seizures and gave me most of my memory back. I was so ill before this and no oral abx or combo was keeping my symptoms down. After, I believe, 6 weeks of this, I was substantially better. This was decades ago and sadly, not many docs will script this nor insurance pay for. These tic born illnesses are being swept under the rug and people are suffering terribly and going to hosts of doctors to treat various symptoms yet never getting better. Neuropathy is one of the primary symptoms I hear about and always tell people to get a test for all the tick born illnesses.

I wish you well with the IV and line. ...don't worry about the risks....I know tons of people who used them with no problem. Glad you are able to work...that is terrific.
D.
I'm glad to hear that IV Rocephin worked for some of your symptoms. It seems that for the real serious cases, IV is the only thing that gets some people better. I will likely be paying for a lot of this IV stuff out of pocket. I'm trying to figure out what kind of financial cost I'm looking at. It seems that it can be anywhere from 750-1500/month or more. I guess it is what it is....as long as I can keep working during this whole ordeal. I'm the breadwinner of my household so if I go down, the whole ship might sink.

I think there will be some trying and dark times ahead of me with IV antibiotics. I'm lucky that I can work from home sometimes, else I would have never have been able to stay employed. Did your face pain and disequilibrium ever get better with treatment? I know that we both share some of the same facial symptoms, which is some of the worst pain that I have some days.
madisongrrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote