Thread: PT question
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 11:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have and I can tell you that it gets tricky. Your insurance will pay...but you will have to pay all copays and deductibles and stuff so there will be OOP costs. Also...it opens the door for lots of issues with work comp down the road. Once you start paying for treatments under your own insurance...things can get complicated. The theory is that YES...work comp would eventually have to pay and would have to reimburse you and the insurance company for any money paid out. The reality is that things get complicated and it could be a LONG time before you see that money back...if ever. Which leaves it up to you on whether you are able to wait it out...or if you need to continue treatment ASAP. Do you have an attorney helping you? They should be able to push the issue with work comp. In many states there is a penalties petition that can be filed if work comp is needlessly delaying treatment, TTD, or any other benefits without cause and usually even just the threat of that gets them moving in the right direction...from my own experience.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (09-14-2016), PurpleFoot721 (09-14-2016), Shay08 (09-15-2016)