Thread: Holding pattern
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 01:02 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Annie,

They did the EMG, and I know they did some needle poking, but I don't know if it was SFEMG. They said they only did that on Mondays, and I was there on Thursday, and the doctor who did the SFEMG testing was not there. However, the university neurologist seemed to think he had the information he needed. He wants to repeat the blood tests again, but we just repeated them a few months ago, so I don't think that would be logical. It seems like that would just take more time and would not provide useful information. (They were normal.)

I don't know anybody else who needs to do therapy for swallowing issues, although I have heard of it. I have a friend whose elderly mother needed swallowing therapy. She was over 100 years old. That is the only person I've ever heard of who needed some speech therapy for this type of problem. I'm only halfway there!

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I don't what is going on, but I wish we could figure it out and figure out a better treatment plan. Yes, IVIG is supposed to work better, but for some reason, lately I am not responding as well to it. It is still doing something, but it's just not going as well. I had IVIG yesterday and today. Maybe it will kick in better this time, and I'll have more of a positive effect. Maybe it will surprise me! I really need something to work so that I can get through daily life better. I guess it will take a long time for anything to come out of the process with the university clinic. I think I am going to have to be patient, but it is awkward.

Take care,
Erin
ErinBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote