Thread: Holding pattern
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 08:56 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Well yes, then, they did the SFEMG. At any rate, the results were within normal limits again somehow. I don't know how this keeps happening. I think my body is strange. Clearly there is some sort of a problem, whatever it is.

Yes, of course, I would repeat the blood tests if they really wish. I did not get any messages from them yet asking me to come in and do any tests, so I don't know what is happening.

My friend's mother did have a positive effect from doing the swallowing therapy exercises. As you mention, I don't know how much it will help me, but I want to try anything that I can. Mostly, I really think I need some additional treatment at this point. I just really wish there were some way for things to move along more quickly. I wish it had not been years of trying to figure out a diagnosis, although I know that this has happened to others, also, and I wish everyone could get a diagnosis more easily! Even though I had IVIG treatment Monday and Tuesday, I feel even weaker today. It feels like somehow it didn't take hold this time, which has happened lately. Maybe I will hear from the university doctor today about their plans for what to do next. I hope so.

Thanks again for everything, and for the support and kindness you show to me and others here!

Take care,
Erin
ErinBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote