View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 05:16 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
As you said, your rheumy (and your area) doesn't seem to have the expertise on Sjogren's, and this may be clearly evident by his comment that SFN doesn't progress in those with Sjogren's (very wrong). Was this the old doctor that just retired? I doubt he is up on the latest with Sjogren's.

I'm hoping your large teaching hospital offers you more options and opinions.
Well he is retiring but to his credit he was the fourth rheumy I've seen and the one to rediagnose me with primary Sjogren's and for that I'm very grateful. The problem is that he and his UK colleagues may not be gemmed up as I am having been able to research using reputable sites and speaking to people like yourself. Whereas they may not be reading up on Sjogren's because they are too busy with patients with other diseases?

I only had my brain MRI yesterday but plan to phone up the hospital and see if I can extract at least some of my results tomorrow. If my white matter has progressed beyond what is deemed as normal, then I'm not going to argue about trying Rituximab if I'm offered it. Otherwise I will see what the very dismissive ("you look too well to have a multisystem disease!") neurologist says in a month's time. I do wish the goal posts didn't keep changing.

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote