View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 12:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It's been a long time since I checked in on this board. As time has passed my symptoms attributed to TOS have faded away.

I have continued to suffer from pain from fibromyalgia and the cervical & lumbar spine. About a year ago my fibromyalgia symptoms worsened. I was suffering from stiff-leg syndrome. When I woke at night or the morning my legs were so tight I could barely walk and couldn't go down the stairs until I loosened up (hot showers did the trick). They maxed me out on Mirapex which helped me sleep. I hadn't realized a had stopped dreaming. It was a sign I wasn't getting REM sleep. Sleep help has made a huge difference for me.

The biggest difference for me has been an experimental treatment, Ketamine Infusions. They have not only helped my muscle tension & spasms, my mood has improved, and my neck & low back pain is down to a 3 from a 7 six months ago. The infusions are administered by Interventional Anesthesia/Pain Management. UCLA is the leader in this research as far as I know.

While I am technically a chronic pain patient and not a TOS patient anymore, this group is my home. This outlet helped me cope, and has helped others.

I believe stories can have happy endings. I am no longer an engineer but I have an amazing 3-year-old boy and wife who stuck with me through it all. I am finally feeling good enough to return to work part-time. Today was my first day back to work. It's just part time, but its a start. Thanks to all who encouraged me and to everyone out there… keep fighting, never give up!

ACDF C5-C6-C7 2/28/11

nospam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Coop42 (09-16-2016), shelbie4u (09-16-2016)