View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 05:15 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks for the update. So other than the slight med error, whoopsie - good save on that one, it sounds like things are going well.

I agree on it taking a while to see results. There is the sometimes immediate effect of short-term relief but much of it seems to be cumulative. Even though I am at full dose when I get infusions I don't always feel the full effect for up to a week afterwards. Hopefully as they get you titrated up and a little time passes you'll see better results.

Good work on the mirror therapy. That too takes a while. I did mirror therapy for many, many weeks and felt the consistent, normal looking input was indeed helpful over time. Graded motor imagery is also recommended. This is something athletes do where you are basically visualizing a movement or series of movements. Brain training is good!

When I was seeing a pain therapist one of the things we did was visualizations during hypnosis or EMDR of me with a completely normal looking, happy leg doing something I enjoy like hiking. I always felt very peaceful when we did this and the positive input was good for me. It was a way to connect with the "whole me identity" that was in there under the pain and fear. And it helped me feel more love for my leg which had gone through so very much.

Keep up the good work. We are all rooting for you and sending healing thoughts and prayers,

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (09-16-2016), catra121 (09-16-2016), PurpleFoot721 (09-15-2016), Shay08 (09-20-2016), St George 2013 (09-21-2016), zinnia (09-18-2016)