View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 12:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well, my ureologist appointment got rescheduled for the 27th. I was a half hour into my forty five minute drive when they called to cancel. The doctor was in an emergency surgery.

I saw my neurologist today. She thinks I'm in a flare. I go in for an MRI as soon as I can get it scheduled. I will call in the morning for that. She has me taking gabapentin twice in the evenings, I don't function well on it, for the pain. If my MRI shows enhancing lesions we will discuss steroids.

Unfortunately we really have to be careful using them because they aggravate my Periodic Paralysis and I end up with 15 hour paralytic attacks that make it difficult to breath. That would be why I have only been on them twice in the 8 1/2 years since I was diagnosed. The first time I didn't react, the second time I landed in the hospital for five days.

At this point though, something has got to give! So I think if it is a flare we will have to do the steroids.

Good news though, my daughter's first labs came back negative! We are just waiting for the genetic test now.

Just wanted to share the update, have a great night everyone!
nemsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (09-19-2016), tkrik (09-16-2016)