View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 01:21 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Angry Wait a minute...No, Weight a minute...

I'm just going to whine a little here and welcome anyone who wants to have some whine and cheese with me.

I have always been a thin person. I put on a little weight a couple of years ago but not enough to make me freak out. Since February, I have put on almost 50 pounds!!! Yes, you read that right, 50 pounds! I am beside myself and am having body image issues now. Well, I've always had them but this is way worse. I just dipped over into the obese category. I have had many tests (thyroid since I had a goiter pop up in February) done and all have come back negative, including my biopsy. I swell up all the time now and retain fluid at the drop of a hat. I was advised to not take the diruetic at this point as I am severely allergic to sulfa antibiotics.

So, here's my whine. I have no idea how to diet to lose weight. I know how to diet to keep weight on as that has been an issue for me since I was a kid. If I cut anything more out of my diet I won't be eating anything as there are a lot of things I can't eat. We know that there is some medical reason for this as the weight came on so quick, within 4 to 5 months. The doctors have yet to figure out the cause other than the goiter may be effecting my metabolism but my thyroid function is showing up normal at the time of testing. It may not be normal at other times, is what I was told. There has also been some talk about my kidneys not working properly too. That aside, I still can't figure out how to lose weight. I watch what I eat and recently cut breads and grains (cereal - even oatmeal) from my diet. I eat mostly fruits, veggies, and proteins (chicken, fish, yogurt).

Ok. Whine is over. Anyone want to join in?
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (09-16-2016), nemsmom (09-17-2016), NurseNancy (09-19-2016), St George 2013 (09-21-2016), Starznight (09-26-2016), Twinkletoes (07-07-2017)