View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 03:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

He may have said something to you in regards to CNS in the context of doing the MRI to 'check' for any CNS signs. I completely understand how visits with doctors can be confusing and so much gets said in a very short period of time. Then many times what is written is not what has been said...that happens in the US just as frequently.

I know you feel as if they have limited resources in Scotland, and your Dx has come rather slow (you have suffered quite some time with unanswered questions/symptoms). But, all in all, you seem to be getting good care and appropriate testing done at this point in your new location. I hope they repeat the biopsy for confirmation, so there is no more comments like 'presumed' SFN. I would imagine they can also do at least basic autonomic testing (tilt table, 24 hours BP, holter, and maybe even a QSART or thermo sweat test). Most of these tests are very easily done in any setting/facility (except sweat testing).

I agree that if something horrible (lymphoma) was on the CT ,you would have heard by now...so that's a relief.

Let's see what your MRI shows and go from there. The neuro kept Birnbaum's article for a reason...hope she took time later to read it.

If the MRI shows up with anything significant, I'm sure they will move up your rheumy and neuro appts. You should have these results next week sometime.

It can be a frustrating process (getting a proper Dx and treatment plan) with lots of ups/downs, but you're more than half way through it now and only a little more to go. There is a ton of people here to help you and I'm convinced you'll get a good rheumy as a replacement. The neuro will take note of the letter and results and change her tune, as well. It's all downhill from here.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote