View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 08:07 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

It is the day after the final infusion day. Did it help at all? I really do think that it did. I can not actually say for sure. After all, it is only the day after, but my pain level has dropped enough that, even if it stays at this level for a short amount of time, I am very happy with that. The only problem is, Thursday was the last day that I saw my PM, and based on what he has seen throughout the rest of the week, he was hoping to see better results by then. Thursday was just a little to early. Yesterday afternoon is when I first started to notice some real relief, and today is even better. The strange thing is, my PM was expecting to see some pain relief in the areas of spread and barely any at the original site which is my right ankle and foot. It turns out, that I am experiencing the opposite. I am only having a mild reduction in pain in my left thigh and knee, barely any on the back of my right leg, but enough of a reduction that I am able to place my foot on the floor and do some gentle massage. I would give pain scores, but pain scores are so subjective, I never really did liked to use them.

I am continuing on with mirror therapy several time throughout the day as I can tolerate it. I only say that because the last several times that I have tried doing that, I start to get very nauseous and feel I need to stop. It seems kind of strange that that is the only time I feel nauseous, but I was told it is likely to be just from the Ketamine. I also figured that I might as well try as many different things that I know of that have helped others at some along the way. I am working on biofeedback at the end of the day, meditation just before that, different relaxation techniques throughout the day, and I started being a little more nice and talking to my legs. If anyone else has any other suggestions, please share them. I am open to new ideas and willing to try them.

It may be too early to tell yet, but I am going to call my PM on Monday to see if he still would like for me to hold my usual one month appointment, or if this changes his mind at all. I am hoping that it does. My foot feels better and looks better, and my mood has gone up tremendously. I am starting feel like there is some hope again.

Alaina
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (09-18-2016), catra121 (09-17-2016), Littlepaw (09-18-2016), PamelaJune (10-15-2016), Shay08 (09-20-2016), St George 2013 (09-21-2016), visioniosiv (09-18-2016), zinnia (09-18-2016)