View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 10:27 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Default Trigeminal Neuralgia

I'm going to have the entire alphabet soon with all the "letter diseases" I'm dealing with.

TN is not something I'd wish on my worst enemy.

This is my second round with it. I don't know if it ever really goes away but the symptoms of it have come back and this time it seems worse.

It feels like an electric shock being sent through my right eye. And this time it's involving the right side of my nose and my teeth on the upper right side of my mouth. After the electric shock there's the ice pick being plunged into my face around my nose and mouth area. Not fun.

I jumped so hard this morning when it struck that I dropped the spoon I was fixing my coffee with and nearly knocked over the cup. The pain is unbelievable. I can't rub my right eye, scratch my nose, wash that side of my face, brush my teeth on the right side of my mouth (I've improvised by using my finger as a toothbrush on the upper right side but it still triggers the pain), or stand facing the shower stream as those little sprays of water hitting my face are enough to make me collapse.

I had Bells Palsy a few months after my dx of MS in 2005 and it lasted about 6 months. My Neuro at that time said there was no relation to MS....it was just coincidental that I got it at the same time. Looking back I don't believe that was true. I have no paralysis this time (yet) but at this time nothing would really surprise me.

Has anyone else dealt with TN along with MS?
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (10-26-2016), tkrik (09-19-2016)