View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 05:34 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Tooth Extraction Infection

Hi, apologies if this has been answered somewhere below but i couldn’t find an exact answer to my query.

I had a bottom molar tooth extracted last Thursday so we are now on day four after a long running saga with toothache. I had a filling replaced six weeks ago which went down to the nerve and apparently aggravated it. After many sleepless nights and the fact it wasn’t getting any better I had an x-ray last Tuesday which didn’t show any signs of an abscess however it was decided I had two choices, either root canal or removal. I decided to have it extracted however in the two days between x-ray and actually removing the tooth my face swelled up and the pain intensified. Although there was now swelling and it looked like an abscess had formed we decided to go ahead with the extraction anyway (although only if the injections worked) which they did and the tooth was pulled.

My question is this, we are now on day four and the extraction site appears to be healing fine however the infection or redness & swelling between gum and tooth hasn’t yet gone away. I am on a 7 day course of antibiotics (4 days in) and wondered how long we would expect the infection to remain in this area after the tooth has been extracted?

Any advice is appreciated.
Massey24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote