View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 04:41 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
I'm sure you have found more answers by know, but I had a MRI w/contrast (MRA) with arms raised. This showed occlussion of the subclavian veins.
You know, maybe you don't have TRUE VENOUS TOS and that COULD be why your surgery went well. Not to say you don't have TOS because I dunno your medical history. But based on that comment alone. Dr. Thompson at Barnes Jewish who is supposedly a champion here will reject it. I've met with him 2 times and He said, everyone has some what of a compression when you raise you arm. that is the reason why we cant raise our arms for a very long time like we do when we stand with our legs without thye arms being tired and the lack of circulation will cause you to put it down. MRA with hands up is not gold standard he does not order it to diagnose only order MRA for redo for liability. If you talk purely venous TOS a good indication would be DVT, collateral veins or extra ribs pressing on all 3; veins, artery and nerves. I like success stories but I also wanna hear more cases on Dr. Ankles. and more severed cases such as DVT or large collateral vein or having to remove both ribs.
veetos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote