View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 11:33 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Stress, diet, and worsening symptoms

So I have question. The cause of my SFN is still unknown but autoimmunity is the leading suspect. Diet and stress are the biggest factors/triggers when it comes to my symptoms. I'm wondering if these two factors necessarily implicate autoimmunity or whether others with known non-immune mediated SFN (ideally full body like mine) also have diet and stress as immediate and obvious triggers. So does everyone with SFN (or at least some who have non-immune mediated etiologies) have worsening symptoms when there are stressors and when they eat, say, gluten, nightshades, or whatever is a trigger on the diet front? I'm inclined to think yes, and that it's niot necessarily the case that autoimmunity is at work here, but I'd appreciate hearing from actual people who have had experience with this. Perhaps I'm wrong here, and full body SFN the symptoms of which are worsened by these two triggers necessarily has an autoimmune etiology.

Basically I want to get some idea regarding whether it could just be that my SFN is caused by my leaky gut and SIBO (bacterial overgrowth) and whether healing my gut and dealing with the bacteria will address the problem, or whether I've already triggered an autoimmune response in my body, which would be a whole other beast. It's partly for motivation, partly for hope, since the former problem would be much easier to deal with. I should say that we've found no hard evidence of autoimmunity as of yet, not just a particular disease, but not even a single marker, say ANA.

Thanks!
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (09-27-2016)