View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 04:43 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Judy - Thanks! I have been tracking my eating habits, exercise, and even sleep for a few months now. Something is just not right. Again, I have had lots of tests done and nothing has shown up positive. My PCP is the one who prescribed the diuretic. Apparently, the one she prescribed is a sulfanomide and can cause allergic reactions in people who are allergic to sulfa abx. I had a severe allergic reaction to them so was told to not take them. There is another diuretic that I would be able to take, I can't remember the name of it though. And, yes, I will continue to pursue this as I know this is not normal. I have been to so many doctors the past few months - neurologist, GI, endocrinologist, rheumy, endocrinologist/oncologist surgeon, etc and will be seeing the GYN next month to see if she can shed some light on this (high testosterone, maybe??). They did tell me at the endocrinologists that the goiter that popped up could be effecting my thyroid function but the testing is showing it is fine. I guess it could be swinging from normal to hypo to hyper from the way it was explained to me.

Bd - Wow! I lost a few pounds after my hysterectomy about a year ago but not 10 pounds. I do think the hysterectomy is contributing but certainly not the cause. I was not in menopause when I had the hysterectomy.

Wiz!!!! - We miss you here. Glad to see you posting. I am sure being less active doesn't help. For me, I am more active than I have been in a few years. Maybe I need to become more sedentary again. Has it really been 7 years since you went back to work? That's crazy! It doesn't seem that long at all - at least to me.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (09-20-2016), ger715 (09-28-2016), PamelaJune (09-28-2016), St George 2013 (09-21-2016), Starznight (09-26-2016), Twinkletoes (07-07-2017)