View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 11:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cait24 View Post
Is there anyone here with SFN as a result of having RSD? I had RSD 30 years ago that way put mostly in remission after 10 years of treatment. Now within just a few years I am diagnosed with SFN, MG (neuromuscular autoimmune disease) and hypothyroidism. I feel like the RSD set me up for the neurological and autoimmune issues. Anyone else with a similar experience?
thanks
kathie
Not exactly, but I have had both. In 2005 I developed PN, on the soles of (both) feet, after an injury to one foot. That lasted about a year. After that cleared up, I had thumb surgery and developed RSD in my hand and forearm. It resolved after 9 months with meds and hand therapy. Then in 2012 the burning PN in my feet returned for no reason. Since then the severity and variety of symptoms steadily increased. At that point I was found to have the antibody profile of a lupus patient, but have never developed joint or skin symptoms, so I am undiagnosed other than SFN. My feeling is that the RSD and SFN are perhaps both expressions of some susceptibility or over-reactivity of my nerves. I've been hypothyroid since I was a teenager.
dogwalker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote