View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 07:20 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Newly diagnosed--small fiber neuropathy and fibromyalgia.

Just got diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy (SFN) and fibromyalgia. I am 40 and male.

The SFN biopsy showed 1.1 nerve fiber density in my foot, low normal is considered 3-4.8. Also have a burning sensation in my feet a lot of the time which is consistent with SFN.

Not sure about the fibro diagnosis. I have no tender points, though I do have aching all over my body, fatigue, unrestful sleep, depression, anxiety. A neurologist gave me the diagnosis, though I will be seeking a second opinion.

My symptoms of fibromyalgia are directly related to my quality and length of sleep. I have been diagnosed with mild sleep apnea and UARS. One sleep doc (ENT) says my symptoms could be caused by the sleep apnea, another ENT says probably not, and that my numbers are too mild. The SFN is

It is all very confusing. I am I have had a lot of blood tests to rule out everything else. The only tests that were positive were SFN and sleep apnea. I don't think the sleep apnea is causing the small fiber neuropathy and I am trying to figure out what is, or what has.

That is all for now...
DaveSP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (09-21-2016)