View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 07:18 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Why is the power cord so important?

Here is what happened. I have a big 18 inch laptop that I use as a desktop for 3 years now. Upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7.

Recently my videos (watching youtube videos I mean), well they audio didn't sync up with the video, the video was skipping, etc.

Last week the laptop turned itself off. I jimmied the power cord, I checked all connections,

I could not power it on no matter what I did.

I brought it into my computer guy's place and he said "It's the power cord". I got this power cord in May of this year.

He let me borrow his power cord (after powering my computer on), and he ordered me a new power cord.

I brought the laptop home, powered it up, and I went on youtube. Some videos played okay. Some were still skipping.

Spoke to Martin (my computer guy) who said 'wait until the new power cord comes in, it might be a software problem and I have to open it up and see"

Today, I went there, got the new power cord, gave him back HIS power cord, came home, plugged in my laptop saying to myself "This thing will never work, it won't play videos any better".

Well.........surprise surprise. I can now view youtube videos.

Why did it not work that great with the power cord he lent me. And why is everything working now?

I'm happy as a pig in you know what but I like to learn stuff.

Obviously my former power cord was not working at all. And HIS power cord was a little better, but THIS new one is the bomb.

Bright green light and everything.

Can someone explain this to me. I thought once a computer is plugged in, it works. What does a new power cord do that the guy's power cord didn't do?

Thanks much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote