View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 12:51 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSP View Post
Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I'm glad you are moving in the right direction with your treatment. I will look into the books you mentioned. I did have the Western Blot test, all bands were negative. Question for you or anyone else--does that still mean further testing is worth while? I do have a top LLMD near me so I will consider seeing him.
If it's the standard western blot the bands might be negative because your immune system is so compromised that it's not producing antibodies. You might have a strain of Borrelia that isn't included in the western blot or you might have co-infections that certainly won't be tested for. Prior to my iSpot Lyme test, I was given antibiotics for 6 weeks, then I was tested.

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably follow up with Pain Mgnt. You never know what type of clever doctor you might meet who might want to try to find the cause to your symptoms. I'd push your primary to get more lab tests done - especially autoimmune. If nothing turns up from any of the testing and your primary gives up on you, then see a LLMD if you think Lyme disease might be a reasonable avenue to pursue. It's helpful to the LLMD to get everything ruled out prior to seeing them.
madisongrrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote