View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 01:45 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hi Jo*mar,

I have heaviness in my arm and hand, but no swelling and no blood clots. I had read that it could still be only NTOS that compresses the artery during certain movements. As I have had this for close to 13 years, I think if I had vTOS or aTOS it would have shown some of those symptoms by now? I really don't know. The doctors never clarified which type I had. I know its not vTOS though.

Yes I have done PT multiple times and am currently doing it again. Always working on posture. This time though, the surgeon recommended I not do ANY strengthening of the postural muscles, as it can irritate it, and in my past experiences, it definitely does irritate it. So now I am mostly doing stretches for posture and am much more aware when I am slouching.

I looked through the Doctors & PT List yesterday, and while it shows two doctors in NJ, I looked in to them and neither are actually in NJ, they are in Philadelphia, PA. Which for me is just as far as NYC, where I had seen a vascular surgeon. The NYC doctor on that Doctors & PT List works at the same hospital I went to to see the other vascular surgeon, and would prefer to find a difference facility to get a second opinion.

Thank you for your response!
JT0618 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote