Old 09-22-2016, 08:35 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
Been having more issues with walking.

Last time I tried to complain to a doctor about it, I felt like I wasn't being taken seriously. How do I get them to listen?

Why is it so hard to get taken seriously by medical people?
I'm sorry you're having issues.

I can relate to what you're experiencing. My walking has gotten terrible. Sometimes I think I'm already PPMS instead of RRMS. My Neuro wants me to start Gilenya once my white cell count is high enough. I wonder if it's too late to do any good. I wish I had changed Neuro's sooner.

I changed Neurologists and it was the best thing I've done. My old Neuro just wouldn't listen to me and I think he was offended by the fact that I researched everything....even stuff he recommended to me. Sorry but it's MY life and I'm the one who has to live with MS. I would think he'd be glad to have a patient who was involved in her own care.

Maybe it's time to look for a new doctor. I told my previous Neuro that I wanted to get another Neuro's opinion on my condition and to see if they had any new suggestions on what I could do to slow this train down. He was receptive......I'm not sure if he was truly willing to let me get a 2nd opinion or if he was just happy to get rid of me.

In any event I'm now seeing a great Neuro at The Shepherd Center in Atlanta.

Maybe if you just tell your current Neuro that you'd like to get another opinion since you're getting worse. It's worth a try.

I hope you get some help and, if possible, a new Neuro who'll listen.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (09-28-2016), nemsmom (09-22-2016), NurseNancy (09-24-2016)