View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 09:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi David,

I have had whole body neuropathy for a full year, and somewhat length dependent for a good year before that. I'm still searching for a cause. Aside from being borderline pre-diabetic, all tests have come back negative with the exception of a very weak titer (1:40) positive ANA (2 years ago). Numerous subsequent ANA's have all been negative.

I tested negative for celiac disease via biopsy but nonetheless went gluten free for 6 weeks this past spring with the only result of weight loss. As I reintroduced gluten I did not notice any change. I have cut back on sweet foods but still don't notice a difference if I cheat.

Stress is a whole different story. Any stressful event approaching and I definitely notice it in advance. The tingling and buzzing and tinnitus get very pronounced and usually recede afterwards. It never ceases to amaze me.

I had suspected auto-immune mediated from the one positive ANA, as well as some joint pain, but rheumatologists in my case seem to need the positive blood serum before they take you seriously or consider any treatment.
I have had so many symptoms during the last year that have come and gone over a period of several months, that I've basically given up searching for a cause. But the numbness and paresthesia just keeps slowly intensifying.

In the back of my mind, I realize Lyme could be the culprit, but not sure I want to pull the trigger on a long-term antibiotic regimen. The only other possible path would be to try a trial of steroids, I've held off on that too.

So from my perspective, food is not a trigger, but stress definitely is.
Hope this helps.
Protector is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DavidHC (10-06-2016), Littlepaw (09-27-2016)