Thread: What do I do?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 05:12 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Stress can make ALL your symptoms worse. I'm living proof of that!

August was an extremely stressful month for me. First, I fell in my bedroom and couldn't get up. My legs were just too weak. And I didn't have my phone with me and the landline phone in the bedroom was off the base so I had no way to contact anyone. I was on the floor for seven hours before my son came over and found me. Not a pretty site.

This caused a massive flare. Well, that and a UTI that was silently brewing. I took an abx and steroids for it. Have you considered a round of IVSM? It helped a little.

I also had a TN attack that affected my right eye and the right side of my face. TN is so painful. I'm not kidding.....it's like having an exposed nerve in your eye and someone comes along and flicks it every few minutes. The pain was unbelievable and I had to call my Neuro Sunday night to get some relief. I got an rx for Tegretol and that has helped tremendously. I still get the zaps but not as often and they are definitely weaker.

I know there's no way to remove stressors from our lives.....heck, just having MS is stressful!

Lack of sleep is also stressful. I don't sleep well and probably get three hours at the most every night. Short of having an IV with sleep meds in it I haven't figured out how to get additional sleep.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (09-28-2016), NurseNancy (09-24-2016)