View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 12:49 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question What is the best way to store photos on computer?

I have a question as to the best way to store my photos.

I have now accumulated many many including photos of my art work, and the altered photos I take and use as references for my art work.

We use flash drives to move things around from big computer to my dinosaur laptop that I use when doing my drawings etc.

We have a nice back up on the big desktop computer...which holds my photos easily.

I looked this up on Google and somewhere it said not to store on flash drives.

So are expansion drives the way to go? A one terra byte would be enough for me. I am thinking that if USB ports become obsolete, I would be stuck and not be able to retrieve the photos some day. Do the tablets now have USB ports?
Would TVs still have them? I am thinking someday I may be in a nursing home or the equiv and would like to view my photos. Not sure if my future would be inclusive of a computer.

We found a Seagate 1 TB expansion at Costco for about 50-60 dollars, and our son suggested NewEgg to look at too? This would require a computer to view, or a tablet with a USB port.

I looked on Amazon for a device to read hand held and not requiring a computer...a viewing device only. They were 200+ dollars.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote