View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 01:19 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hi Bluesfan,

Sorry, since my last post things, I've been struggling to stay on top of things. Thank you so much for giving me a lot of options to look into. I've spent some time researching your suggestions.

I am actually taking medicine that is typically prescribed for Addison's Disease to help regulate my blood pressure (fludrocortisone) so I had heard of it. It is my understanding, it has been ruled out. I looked at my records and could not find a blood cortisol test in the past 5 years. Would it be under a different name?

I don't have Cushing's or Para hyperthyroidism. I keep asking about the malabsorbtion issue. They haven't run any specific tests, but my doctors seem confident that they have ruled that out as a possibility. If you know anything else about malabsorbtion issues, such as tests I could request, I will push on my doctors a little further with that one as well. I looked over Pituitary Disorders, some of those do seem possible. I will bring it up at my next appointment. My university doctor is a neurologist that works with auto-immune diseases and she is running several autoimmune tests. So, I am waiting for those results.

Here is a general update as well: I have been diagnosed with Autonomic Nervous System dysfunction, which explains the flat lining/bradycardia, but the doctors agree that isn't a final diagnosis more just another symptom. I have started having pretty intense muscle convulsions with loss of control of body and temporary brain lapses, which are apparently both signs of seizures. I have also gotten what appears to be a second infection in my bladder (which could be a separate issue because my body is pretty worn down)

I am still fumbling through this site, but I really appreciate you reading/responding to my story and trying to help me out. Is there a way that I can get to know you and your story?
M4ggy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote